1. World Health Organization. World Health Organization Report. Mental health: New understanding, new hope. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2001.
2. Shadpour K. Health sector reform in Islamic Republic of Iran [in Persian]. Hakim Health Sys Res. 2006,9(3):1-18.
3. Coulter A. Paternalism or partnership? Patients have grown up-and there's no going back. BMJ. 1999;319(7212):719-720. doi: 10.1136/bmj.319.7212.719. [DOI:10.1136/bmj.319.7212.719
4. Roter DL, Frankel RM, Hall JA, Sluyter D. The expression of emotion through nonverbal behavior in medical visits. Mechanisms and outcomes. J Gen Intern Med. 2006;21(Suppl 1):S28-34. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00306.x. [DOI:10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00306.x
5. Bissell P, May CR, Noyce PR. From compliance to concordance: barriers to accomplishing a re-framed model of health care interactions. Soc Sci Med. 2004;58(4):851-862. doi:10.1016/S0277-9536(03)00259-4. [DOI:10.1016/S0277-9536(03)00259-4
6. Ebrahimipour H, Vafaei Najjar A, KhaniJahani A, Pourtaleb A, Javadi M, Rezazadeh A, et al. Health system responsiveness: a case study of general hospitals in Iran. International journal of health policy and management. 2013;1(1):85-90. doi: 10.15171/ijhpm.2013.13. [DOI:10.15171/ijhpm.2013.13
7. Ong LM, Visser MR, Lammes FB, de Haes JC. Doctor-patient communication and cancer patients' quality of life and satisfaction. Patient Educ Couns. 2000;41(2):145-156. Doi: 10.1016/S0738-3991(99)00108-1. [DOI:10.1016/S0738-3991(99)00108-1
8. Adib-Hajbaghery M, Zare M. The barriers to patient education from the viewpoint of nurses in Iran: a systematic review [in Persian]. J Urmia Nurs Midwifery Fac. 2017, 15(7): 544-558.
9. Dancet EA, Nelen WL, Sermeus W, de Leeuw L, Kremer JA, D'Hooghe TM. The patients' perspective on fertility care: a systematic review. Hum Reprod Update. 2010;16(5):467-487. doi: 10.1093/humupd/dmq004. [DOI:10.1093/humupd/dmq004
10. Little P, Everitt H, Williamson I, Warner G, Moore M, Gould C, et al. Observational study of effect of patient centredness and positive approach on outcomes of general practice consultations. BMJ. 2001;323(7318):908-911. doi: 10.1136/bmj.323.7318.908. [DOI:10.1136/bmj.323.7318.908
11. Vosough Taghi Dizaj A, Ezabadi Z, Takbiri A, Baniasadi A. Infertility care in Royan Institute: a patient centeredness analysis [in Persian]. Payesh. 2016;15(3):325-332.
12. Balint E. The possibilities of patient-centered medicine. J R Coll Gen Pract. 1969;17(82):269-276.
13. Byrne PS, Long BEL. Doctors talking to patients: a study of the verbal behaviour of general practitioners consulting in their surgeries. 2nd ed. Richmond, UK. Stationery Office; 1976.
14. Laine C, Davidoff F. Patient-centered medicine. A professional evolution. JAMA. 1996;275(2):152-156. doi:10.1001/jama.1996.03530260066035. [DOI:10.1001/jama.1996.03530260066035
15. Robb G, Seddon M. Effective Practice Informatics and Quality (EPIQ). Quality improvement in New Zealand healthcare. Part 6: keeping the patient front and centre to improve healthcare quality. N Z Med J. 2006;119(1242):U2174.
16. Chou E, Abboudi H, Shamim Khan M, Dasgupta P, Ahmed K. Should surgical outcomes be published? J R Soc Med. 2015;108(4):127-135. doi: 10.1177/0141076815578652. [DOI:10.1177/0141076815578652
17. Stewart M, Brown JB, Donner A, McWhinney IR, Oates J, Weston WW, et al. The impact of patient-centered care on outcomes. J Fam Pract. 2000;49(9):796-804.
18. Bauman AE, Fardy HJ, Harris PG. Getting it right: why bother with patient-centred care? Med J Aust. 2003;179(5):253-256. doi: 10.5694/j.1326-5377.2003.tb05532.x.
19. Arab M, Hamouzadeh P, Yousefvand M, Namani F, Abdi M. Comparison of patient-centered situation in selected hospitals affiliated to Tehran University of Medical Sciences from the viewpoint of nurses and patients [in Persian]. J Hospital. 2016;15(3):31-39.
20. Hajinezhad ME, Azodi P, Rafii F, Ramezanian N, Tarighat M. Perspectives of patients and nurses on caring behaviors of nurses [in Persian]. Hayat. 2012;17(4):36-45.
21. Arian M, Mortazavi H, Tabatabaeichehr M, Tayebi V, Gazerani A. The comparison between motivational factors and barriers to patient education based on the viewpoints of nurses and nurse managers [in Persian]. J Nurs Edu. 2015;4(3):66-77.
22. Javadi M, Karimi S, Raiesi A, Yaghoubi M, Kaveh K. Comparison of patients' and nurses' viewpoints about responsiveness among a sample from public and private hospitals of Isfahan. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2011;16(4):273-277.