1. Mulcahy AW, Kapinos KA, Briscombe B, Uscher-Pines L, Chaturvedi R, Case SR, et al. Toward a Sustainable Blood Supply in the United States An Analysis of the Current System and Alternatives for the Future. Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation, 2016.
2. Nurunnabi A, Jahan M, Alam M, Hoque M. Safe blood transfusion and ethical issues in transfusion medicine. J Dhaka Med Coll. 2010; 19(2):144-149. doi:10.3329/jdmc.v19i2.7087. [DOI:10.3329/jdmc.v19i2.7087
3. World Health Organization. Blood safety and availability. Available at: http://www.who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/blood-safety-and-availability. Updated June 10, 2020. Accessed July 02, 2020.
4. World Blood Donor Day 2018: An action of solidarity. World Blood Donor Day 2018: An action of solidarity. South-East Asia Regional Office. 2018. Available at: https://www.who.int/bangladesh/news/detail/14-06-2018-world-blood-donor-day-2018-an-action-of-solidarity. Updated June 14, 2018. Accessed July 02, 2020.
5. Chowdhury F, Siddiqui E, Islam K, Nasreen Z, Begum H, Begum H. Use of blood and blood components in Dhaka medical college hospital. Bangladesh J Med. 2015; 26(1):18. doi: 10.3329/bjmed.v26i1.25649. [DOI:10.3329/bjmed.v26i1.25649
6. World Health Organization. Government of Bangladesh. Situation assessment of public and private blood centers inBangladesh. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2012.
7. World Health Organization. Mapping and Comprehensive Assessment of Blood Transfusion Services in Nepal. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2011.
8. World Health Organization. Clinical Transfusion Process and Patient Safety. Available at: https://www.who.int/bloodsafety/clinical_use/who_eht_10_05_en.pdf?ua=1. Accessed July 02, 2020.
9. Sultan M, Biswas MK, Hasan MA, Dhingra N. Standard Operating Procedure for Blood Transfusion. Geneva, Switzerland: World health organization; 2013.
10. National AIDS Control Organisation. Standards for Blood Banks & Blood Transfusion Services. New Delhi; Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; 2007.
11. Saha SK, Banik RK, Saha MR, Habibullah MM, Al-Mahtab M. Prevalence of Transfusion Transmitted Infection in Healthy Blood Donors in Sir Salimullah Medical College. Euroasian J Hepato-Gastroenterol 2011; 1(2):68-70. doi: 10.5005/jp-journals-10018-1015. [DOI:10.5005/jp-journals-10018-1015
12. World health organization. Clinical Transfusion practice: Guideline for medical interns. Availabe at: https://www.who.int/bloodsafety/transfusion_services/ClinicalTransfusionPracticeGuidelinesforMedicalInternsBangladesh.pdf. Accessed July 02, 2020.
13. World Health Organization. Comprehensive assessment study of Blood Transfusion Service, Bhutan-2011. Available at: https://www.who.int/bloodsafety/transfusion_services/Bhutan ComprehensiveAssessmentStudyBTServices.pdf?ua=1. Accessed 2011.
14. World Health Organization. Blood donor selection: guidelines on assessing donor suitability for blood donation. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2012.
15. World Health Organization. Global Status Report on Blood Safety 2016. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2017.
16. Burgdorf KS, Simonsen J, Sundby A, Rostgaard K, Pedersen OB, Sørensen E, et al. Socio-demographic characteristics of Danish blood donors. PLoS ONE. 2017; 12(2):e0169112. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0169112. [DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0169112
17. Dipta TF, Rahman MT. Safe blood transfusion: past, present and future. Bangladesh J Pathol. 2009; 24(1):1-2. doi: 10.3329/bjpath.v24i1.2873. [DOI:10.3329/bjpath.v24i1.2873